Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been off tangs for a while, and I've decided to come back

I have a 20 long I want to do something with (not shellies) now I at one point kept brichardi in one, but not for long, and I was thinking about going that route again, but I wasn't sure. Does anyone have any other suggestion?

I also have a few 10's, one of which will be used for shellies, that's why I don't want them in the 20 long, just not sure which species yet

·
Registered
656 Posts
You could try Julies, Buescheri, etc.. any of the smaller rock dwellers. Just be prepared to thin your group down to a pair or two if you start with a group of juvies

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I know, i think I definately like the brichardi more, but they'd have to be kept alone obviously

and I think I want to try some gold occies in the 10 gallon, haven't had them before

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
cjacob316 said:
yeah I know, i think I definately like the brichardi more, but they'd have to be kept alone obviously

and I think I want to try some gold occies in the 10 gallon, haven't had them before
occies can be too nasty for a 10g. Yep it can work but far better in the 20g.
10g you are looking at multies similis or brevis for good breeding.
20g you can go for J.transcriptus or other small rockdwelling none shelly or pretty much any shelly.
Personaly I would not try N.brichardi or N.pulcher in a 20g.
They kind of fill it far to quickly and can breed so much the tank crashes.

All the best James

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah obviously with somehting like brichardi i'll have to pull fry constantly, but i like the fish themselves

I though about some calvus, and saw some nice ones in the store today, but they were asking $30 for some that were only 1.5 inches.

thanks for the advice on the occie, i like brevis so I don't mind going that route at all, brevis it is, will turbo snail shells be ok for brevis? i used larger shells the last time I had them, wasn't sure if they could fit in the smaller shells

1 - 6 of 6 Posts