Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted to try the eheim diffuser but have had a hard time finding one. I'm located in Canada, and the one place that does have them is going to cost me an arm and a leg on shipping. In the area of 50 dollars for a 10 dollar part.

Anyways I came across this while searching around. Is this possibly the new version of the diffuser that Frank has been using and praising or is this something completly different? Is this an update version or something completly different? Would it serve the same purpose? Thanks.

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/Fish_Plumbin ... 2.html?tc=

·
Registered
121 Posts
That (the photograph but not the description) looks like Eheims airstone, to be used with an air pump.

I have two of these, one running, and quite like them, but can't see how they would attach to the canister filter. I suspect they have the wrong photograph on the website you have linked, or I shall be proven wrong quite shortly... :?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I have the 400 air pump. It's way to big for my needs actually.

I can't believe shipping is so expensive for you :eek: Have you asked your LFS if they can get you a diffuser? I pay about the same for some items at my LFS as I would online with postage, but I don't have to wait in for the postman and I like to keep showing my face at the LFS.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have both. The first time I tried ordering the diffusor from Big Al's I received the airstone instead. I eventually got it from www.petsolutions.com but haven't installed it yet.

Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link. However I actually need one size up, which is even harder to find. The main problem is the taxes and duty when recieving packages from the U.S. I'll just have to keep looking for a Canadian source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts