Metriaclima sp. ''Membe Deep''
Tropheops sp. ''Elongatus Boadzulu'' Kanchedza Island
Pseudotropheus saulosi Taiwanee Reef

so stoked fed ex cant get here fast enough

·
Registered
45 Posts
Metriaclima aurora Likoma
ever had them before? LFS here in NY has them 2in maybe alittle shorter for can't remember $5 or $6 apiece, how big do them get?
Nice fish in your remaining list, I like the afra's no lfs here carries them, and those fed-ex fees kill it for me. for $20-30 in fish its more to ship them.
Anyways good luck with them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I kept aurora back in the 90's but not the Likoma, always wanted some though. I havnt got my fish yet, there coming from texas and are saposed to be like 1.5 inch. but yea bro i feel your pain on shipping cost - just paid $78 bucks for these :?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice! I got my first ever Dave shipment yesterday.

Fish are eating like champs. Now it will just take time for a few nipped fins to regrow and for them to mature.

Good luck with your fish!

-------------------------------------

60 Gallon Mbuna Tank

Iodotropheus Sprengerae
Cynotilapia sp Lion Mara Rocks
Metriaclima sp Elongatus Chewere
Pseudotropheus sp. 'Polit' Lion's Cove
Tropheops sp Elongatus Boadzulu

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! I got my first ever Dave shipment yesterday
Whats your first impression of the Tropheops?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Today is your big day! :D A new era, we did it in the 90's og style. Now in the new millenium, Chewerie is going to rule your tank.lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shouldnt breath in that brake dust man LoL

·
Registered
509 Posts
Trench said:
Nice! I got my first ever Dave shipment yesterday
Whats your first impression of the Tropheops?
They are a good looking well behaved fish for a juvie. I don't think we'll be able to have a good opinion of our tanks for about 6 months. Should be fun though! :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Can you get me pics of your Tropheops Boadzulu Kanchedza?
I want to compare against mine. I haven't seen any that just like the ones I have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you get me pics of your Tropheops Boadzulu Kanchedza?
I want to compare against mine. I haven't seen any that just like the ones I have.
dude they are small "1 inch"l but i got a scrapy little male in the bunch and looks just like the one on daves pricelist just a bit darker blue. and when i say scpapy i mean it he fought one of the smaller zebra chilumbas "2inch" and won then tried to get crazy with my auroa likmoa main male"2inch" and were going at it till they both got spooked. all i read is that there very peaceful and I even spoke to dave about him this morning when i was asking about new stock and he was suprized. to each fish his own i guess ,but i hope this continues as he and the tank matures

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Are they really dark? (the one on his for Kanchedza says Mazinzi)

I have a pair (M/F) of 3" F1's I was sold (reputable LFS) as Elongatus Kanchedza and everyone on here said they're Tr.Boadzulu Kanchedza.

Just wanted to get another comparison :)

I have about 12 fry born a few weeks ago from the pair.

(not trying to turn your thread into an ID thread, sorry)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dave's awesome. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have an LFS like Dave's. Dave's fish without the shipping FTW!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glaneon
hey man i sent you a pm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave's awesome. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have an LFS like Dave's. Dave's fish without the shipping FTW!
yea bro you lucked out on that one, Dave would get sick of me i'd be in his store bugging him all the time lol

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
He's a little far from me to be there all the time, but every time I'm over there I stop by whether I'm buying fish or not; and then I end up buying a fish.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went to Dave's about 3 weeks ago while on a trip to Austin with my wife. We spent about 2 hours picking out all male Mbunas for an 85 gallon tank and sure enough - they're all males!! What a great place if you are fortunate enough to be in the area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts