Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting it up and had this big rock thought see how it would look can't decide if its to much or not

Going to hold 6 melegirs (spelling) 2m 4f[/quote]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks good, but for a shellie tank, aren't you going a little heavy on the rocks
and a little light on the sand and shells :-?

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol ya waiting till I get rocks till like it then adding sand/shells prob try it like that then change if need be add picture in few just stuck sand in little cloudy...like the big rock tho makes it easy to hide the heater :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
lol.....I had a feeling the sand and shells were coming next. Hard to tell the size of your tank, but my priority would be to first provide ample space for shells and fish then add rocks to whatever space is left. I'm one of those who tries to aquascape more to suit the fish than myself, so more often than not, you'll see my heaters and filter tubes. I might pay more attention to this if they were show tanks but really they are just for me. Good luck with your new setup. Shellies are great, I love my Multies.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya prob come out if the fish don't get along but wont know till I get them had that rock laying around so figured can't hurt to try haha just want to make sure have plenty places to swim away from each other heard they can get aggressive

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Still some dust and camera phone isn't that great and not liking the lighting has that yellow look to it

·
Super Moderator
40,882 Posts
I think you are going to want a lot more shells. Brevis like their shells kind of isolated but I think they are the only ones.

·
Registered
212 Posts
be careful that rock doesnt fall and @#@#@# you tank up. I would dump the big rock. ANd may get some eggcrate for bottom cover it with sand.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do have more shells but had to leave so took a quick picture not worried about the weight more of the space it takes up haha end up being like twenty shells but wont hve the fish for week or so guess ill have to decide if big rock should stay or go

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya..more I look at more think it takes up to much space and sticks out to much try again part I like anways next to getting new fish :D :fish:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Try 2 like it as of now and the cloudyness is still there taking big rock out added about gallon half more water haha

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like it with the big rock myself.

·
Registered
705 Posts
looks a lot better without the big rock. especially since your going with something small. you dont really want the eye being drawn to a big rock instead of your little fish. i think long term youll like this setup more. gj on the switch looks good. keep going on the water changes until that sand dust clears up

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cleared up now for most part :) usually only first 24 hrs looks cloudy may end up changing again once find more smaller rocks may try to break up the big one so they all look the same

·
Super Moderator
2,008 Posts
I loved the big rock but not in this particular setup. I would mount the heater vertically as I think it would be far less noticeable. You can always place a tall plant (fake or real) in front of the heater to help disguise it.

What size (L x W x H) tank is it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts