Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up a new tank last night & wanted to share a couple pics, still have some tweaking to do but here goes.

Not the best videos, but here's 2 short clips:

I'll update when the fishes get settled in(colored up) & when I get some algae growing on the rocks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I got them from a local small river.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, pomi & Husnain
Can't wait to see how it will look later . I'll probably trim down the #s a little on the Cyno. Afras "Nkhata Bay" & maybe the Chailosi.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I am getting some algae coverage on the rocks. The Membe & Chailosi have colored up nice.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nice tank, I like the sand and the rockwork. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!
Here are some new pics. I've only got a sony cyber-shot - so I just shoot videos & hopefully snip some pics out of them (hopefully I'll get a better camera/pics soon).
Membe female

Membe male- He's skittish & gets scared when I come close (colored down a bit) :x

Chailosi male

Best I could come up with for now, thanks for looking!

55 gallon - Yellow Labs, Cyno. sp. Hara & Mel. Cyaneorhadbos(maingano)
40 gallon L - Met. Chailosi , Met. Membe Deep & Cyno. Afra Nkhata Bay

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re-scaped a little bit , added new rocks on the right side (with less algae coverage); but it's gettin there - more like what I had in mind. It will be better when all the rock work gets a good covering of algae. Here are a few pics of the tank/rock-scape using different settings & angles. Not the best pics, but ...

enjoy!

·
Registered
705 Posts
god i love those challosi.. overall nice tank as well. glad to see a nice african setup. seems pretty similar to what i am planning out atm. great job and lets keep seeing more pics as it develops..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! I have some new shots of the male Chailosi wanting to spawn with his ladies. Pics are not good ,but wanted to share. :)

decided to throw in a shot of my male Ps.Cyaneorhadbos(in my other tank) since he looks cool :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts