Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to restart as my last heater went mad...

Hope you like it, just stuck now what cichlids shall I put in ?

length 122 cm
width 30 cm
hieght 36 cm

I have a rena filstar xp3

Just brought a new TETRA TETRATEC APS300 AQUARIUM AIR PUMP 300lph 120-300L

And a Rena 200W Smart Heater / Heaterstat Unbreakable

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
So many choices! I would start with some yellow labs for the bright color and pair them with some of the milder haps. Hap ahli males are a nice blue color that suits my eye with the yellow. I find they get along quite well. The labs love the rocks and that is okay with the ahli.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
You are probably thinking of some of the larger haps. I find the smaller ones work quite well. Hap ahli are one that I like for small size. It's all part of the name swapping confusion. Technically the name is Sciaenochromis fryeri (Cape Maclear) but most know them as hap around here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really stuck, so many cichlids out there, when i decide on a species of cichlid and then do some research, i find i need a bigger tank.......... :-?

I wanted Tropheus duboisi or some kind of Tropheus ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You might be able to try duboise, I think most other tropheus need more room. For duboise I would start with 8-10, or for more options from tanganyika, look at lamprologous, altolamp, neolamp, and julidochromis species. Almost all of them are suitable for your size tank.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Jewels might look good along with the lab Not sure if they mix though

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well maybe some peacock then? Don't know much about them but herd they make tanks very colorful

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thats Iod... and yes, those guys would work fine in that tank. You could probably grab a colony of Ps. saulosi if you wanted some additional color, too. 7 rusty's, 3m:8f saulosi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts