Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great! Maybe airbrush the wall behind with the same pattern...is that doable? Did you get the newts yet?

Man, it really looks like the sun wants to poke through the clouds. Nicely done. I am considering doing a shadowbox background for my oyster reef tank, using backlighting in a similar way. Down the road though, because I have a lot of work to do to get that project going.

What filtration are you using?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used to collect and keep my own salamanders. Of course, you'd need to check your states laws. I kept Eastern spotted salamanders, Northern red salamanders, and a marbled salamander. They were awesome pets. I wound up donating them to a nature center when I moved. But, I had them for five years. The ate just about any insect that I put in there, including my leftover spikes and waxworms at the end of ice fishing season. But they're favorite food was earthworms. I always fed them after a rain when the worms were easily collected on the sidewalk. Perhaps you can collect your own amphibians... Not only were mine colorful, but entertaining as well. They became quite tame in a short amount of time. They'd hide until they saw you open the tank, with only their heads poking out of their hidey holes. Then, when I'd open the tank, they'd come out looking to be fed. You have to be careful to make sure that they're all about the same size though, because I learned quickly that they were cannibalistic.

My buddy kept them too. And, come to think of it, he had problems with them climbing out. He didn't have a lid on his tank. I had a lid on my tank, so I didn't have problems. So, I thought that maybe there could be a way to keep them in without a lid. Maybe just have a lip of glass or something that they can't negotiate, kinda like the border wall, LOL. No matter what you do, the project looks great and I look forward to seeing it though on here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow...I mean WOW! That is amazing! You put a ton of work into this project and got it up in a short amount of time. Well done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts