Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Wow :eek: that is a beautiful FM. Awesome colors. I hear FM are hard to sex. My guess, and it's just a guess, is male. It has the same features and colors as mine and I'm pretty sure mine is a male. Anyway gorgeous FH and good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Oooops I mean gorgeous FM and good luck with it. That's a slip as I just got a FH today.....my bad!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's normal for them to have the blue, but it varies with sex and quality of the stock. For the sexing , I'd say male cause the vent is visible in the last pic and it's pointed. (or at least that's what it looks like anyway). Nice little FM though. :thumb:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree with Joels fish. In that shot it looks male. Getting good shots of the vent can be difficult though. What ever sex it is it looks great!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My FM has blue lips too. I read if their dorsal and anal fins were rounded it was female and pointed it's male. Is this an accurate way to tell?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My FM has blue lips too. I read if their dorsal and anal fins were rounded it was female and pointed it's male. Is this an accurate way to tell?
Once upon a time it was, these days it's getting harder to use that as a accurate method of sexing them. For the most part it works but it's not 100%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts