Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kramer,

I use a Canon G9 with external/add-on flash.

for these shots the flash was attached to the camera and I angled at the glass to minimize reflections/glare.

I mess around with the settings quite a bit when I'm shooting but last night I was on Aperture priority (around 5.6 I believe?), Macro mode, ISO some 200 and some 100, and white balance set on flash.

I also have a gary fong diffuser on the flash.

BTW, if it's not already obvious, most all of my techniques are modelled after AquaMojo's :wink:

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Wow, Stealth looks really cool at the moment. He's changed so much even since the last pics you posted of him. He's awesome.

The con pair is equally as awesome. Easily one of the nicest pairs I've seen in a LONG time. None of those gross washed-out cons, they have the proper deep black on them, distinct markings. Very nice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SinisterKisses said:
Wow, Stealth looks really cool at the moment. He's changed so much even since the last pics you posted of him. He's awesome.

The con pair is equally as awesome. Easily one of the nicest pairs I've seen in a LONG time. None of those gross washed-out cons, they have the proper deep black on them, distinct markings. Very nice.
:lol: :lol: Couldn't have described em better!

Thanks SK always good to hear from you.

Stealth pretty much changes patterns by the day - and his attitude is starting to show.

It was very hard to get good shots yesterday because he was goin nutz trying to attack his reflection; something he didn't do during his first shoot 8)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nice Convicts. How are they in the 20 gallon? I am looking into getting a new tank soon, but not sure if I have enough space for any Malawis etc, and whilst I wouldn't mind keeping some Tanganyikans, I am also looking into smaller American cichlids, and would consider Convicts as an option. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts