Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Male Flowerhorn. He is right at 11". He is a handful when it comes to cleaning the tank... :eek:

Here he is when I first got hiim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice, hopefully mine looks like yours later. BTW, is yours a zz red ink flowerhorn?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice, very nice.
Wish i had him in with my female. She's just over 8" and full of aggression, but oddly enough not towards me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My guy acts like he is mad @ the world :eek: :D Actually when I clean the tank he rams me with his hump more then bites me. The only time he ever got me good (drew blood) is when I pulled my hand away and he atrtacked it. Now I just leave it in there and stand my ground and he will proceed to ram it but not bite. Cool fish for sure..

Jeremy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF.... I came home from work today and found my FH dead on the bottom of the tank? ****, he was a nice fish too... :-? He was healthy and happy when I last saw him, feed him a frozen Blood worm cube and went to work.

Jeremy

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmmmmm, just bad luck?

Its always hard to give up a fish like that. Nothing you can do.
If it matters, he was a stunner. Very nice Midas look on this one with the short body and the hump.

Hopefully you figure out what went wrong and gl hunting after a new one...

·
Registered
742 Posts
oh... sad to hear..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just talked to a local guy who has some ZZ, They look about like my old guy did. He has 4 fry left and will let them go for $10.. I guess Ill grow those out and see how they mature. Ill post pics with a new thread when I get them. Semi-excited...

Jeremy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK this is wierd.. My FH died like last wed/thursday. The only fish in my 75gal is a tiny clown pleco. Well I work up this morning to fin a **** load of tiny baby snails all over the tank??? Where would they come from?? There was NEVER any snails in my tank?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts