Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I got these two new peacocks from my local fish shop. Neither of them were labelled and were just in a massive tank of lots of peacocks and haps with no names. Does anyone know what type of peacocks they are? Thanks

peacock 1

Water Eye Vertebrate Natural environment Organism
Fin Organism Fish Underwater Fluid

Peacock 2

Water Fin Organism Fish Underwater
Water Vertebrate Underwater Fin Organism
Fin Organism Underwater Yellow Water

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
1. Very colorful hybrid, no exact species. Cross genera with Hap/ Aulonocara mixed with mbuna. You can look him names they use and compare, Call him whatever you like.

2. Aulonocara sp. "Maleri" which could be mixed with A. baenschi, or not. There are 3 or 4 "Yellow" peacocks from the southern west coast, they kind of mix them together, you can't assume an exact pure type, just enjoy the male color.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been doing some research and is it right to suggest the orange and pink Alunacara (pic 1) is what is called a dragon blood? It is incredibly bright and very beautiful colours whatever he is called.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Yes, he is like a "Dragon's Blood", yours seems very orange in the pic. They are not even close to pure Aulonocara even if they call them "Peacocks", they are a man made mix. Not albino, but no black pigment but the eye is black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts