Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just snagged this 75 gallon cichlid tank for an insane deal. There are mostly male peacocks and haps with a couple frontosa and one blue dolphin (I know the frontosa can't stay in there forever, but for now they're beautiful). However I think the guy has some incompatible Mbunas in there as well and I was hoping you guys could help me determine what they are and if I should remove them. A couple in particular have been some serious bullies since I've been admiring the setup. Let me know your thoughts guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
1. Pseudotropheus crabro. Bumble Bee cichlid. For a Malawi cichlid it is very chameleon-like. Showing one of it's more subordinate coloration.
2. female peacock of some sort.(or possibly a male peacock nthat has not colored up yet).
3. Metriaclima lombardoi Kenyi cichlid. Female or juvenile coloration. (males turn yellow and occasionally even some very dominant older females will turn yellow)
4. Pseudotropheus crabro Bumble bee cichlid. Very likely male. It's showing a more dominant color pattern. As it gets older, it will lose the barring and become entirely black (or dingy brown) in it's most dominant color pattern.

·
Super Moderator
40,889 Posts
I would remove 1, 3 and 4 from your peacock tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts