Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! tank is finally cycled and now almost stocked!
I have 10 Cyno. afra "Jalo Reef" and 4 Met. sp. "Daktari", still waiting on a group of Met. sp. elongatus "Chewere".
Thanks to all of you for the help and suggestions. I'll post more pics/vids as the fish continue to mature. Hope you enjoy!

Jalos...and one daktari

Little male Jalo.

Male Daktari (sorry for blur).

Tank shots.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very nice fish, I like how your tank finally ended up! :thumb:

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's a very natural and understated look. I think exactly what you were aiming at in your journal post you hit dead on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
looks good bro!!! the little jalo looks like hes gonna be nice! how many males do u think u got out of the 10?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I like it,very nice. :thumb: Any ideas on what kind of rock that is?

·
Registered
677 Posts
nice set-up and fish... good pics too...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Joel and monisaab!

promoe: I have two males for sure, but i'd bet there's at least two or three more. The two jalo males and daktari male have already had a few, very mild and harmless disputes for territory. The Daktari male has also already tried spawning with his biggest female a couple times!

JimA: Thanks a bunch! I'm pretty sure that the rock is granite, I just got from my backyard.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice tank! Very natural looking. Just wait till those rocks are covered in a nice green carpet, gonna look even better... Good job! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I breed a group of daktari a couple years back. Love these fish. Nice tank! Look forward to seeing your fish grow up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts