Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my fish, acclimated them and put them in the 55g tank. At first they all swam around, some hid. After about ten minutes, most of them got together all the way in the corner (see pic). It's been about 20 minutes they are just all hanging out there.

Oddly the 3 demasoni I picked up the other day ahead of these guys, finally came out of hiding and hanging with the rest of them.

5 Rusties
5 labs
5 cobalt blue
3 demasoni

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Give them some time to get used to their new home.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old Newbie said:
Give them some time to get used to their new home.
Thanks, they've already changed that, I guess I'm a nervous new dad.

It is quite interesting though. When I put the 3 Demasoni in they hid under rocks, didn't eat, or visit me at the glass. Now that I've introduced the rest of the fish, they are all curious, meeting me at the glass. I'm already starting to see some personalities, it's only been 5 hours. I love it.

Look at this beauty:

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NewkeeperRico said:
ironspider said:
NewkeeperRico said:
That's awesome you finally have fish now! They look great!
Thanks, you know I've been going crazy.
I'm about to lose my mind though. I'm in my 5th week of the 2nd stage! Ughhh!!! When will I see the light!?!?
I feel your pain. Just this past Sunday I was still high with Nitrate and Nitrite. Did 30% Friday, 50% Sunday, 30% Tuesday and as of today even after the fish introduction my levels are still good.

You'll get even crazier though, all I'm doing today is showing my colleagues a video of my new pets. Some pretend to care too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts