Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I'm missing something, or this thing can't be calibrated. With the heater adjusted to keep the tank at 80 for over a month, I can only move the red calibration needle between 85 and 93?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, does a 300W heater really need to be the size of a baseball bat? This is the second eheim item I've had, the canister filter I had a few years back flooded my office and refused to stop leaking after I replaced the seal.

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
These are the instructions for the 'new' Jager heater without the button.

I found these instructions in the instruction manual

Recalibration

If, after a day or two in operation the setting scale does not correspond to the water temperature, follow the following procedure to recalibrate the heater:

1) Switch off the heater and unplug it from the mains supply

2) Measure the water temperature with an accurate thermometer

3) Turn indicator arrow (red) to point to the measured temperature

4) Set the desired tank temperature with the temperature selector ring (blue).

Hope this helps. Please be sure to use an accurate thermometer when recalibrating the heater.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm the type who reads the instructions front to back before I take a part out of the box.

The red needle doesn't go lower than 85, when heater has the water at 80. The red needle does not have an infinite adjustment, it has stops.

I have 3 thermometers that agree with the 80 (and one that doesn't)

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
Which model heater is it? What I mean is, is it the one with the button or without?

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to move the pointer off of the 85F setting.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the newer one with the red needle that moves, not the button you pull up. I can move the red needle, just not lower than 85 (or above 93).

It's really more of an irritation than anything else, as I don't see a need to ever change the temp now that it's set. I was just wondering if I was missing a way to override the stops or something.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed them, let you guys know what they say. I have another 300w in a tank in my garage, won't be needing it as summer seems to be here in Florida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts