Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. just introducing myself. i am very glad i found this site. huge amounts of informations. little about myself. i have 2x 75 gallon fish tanks 1 in use with 3 9+ inch brundi frontosa in there and a couple of mixed cichlids we got from walkmart. other 75 is gonna be set up soon with more cichlids. i will include some pics of my boys and girls and i also i have a unidentified cichlid that looks to be spawning with one of my much smaller ones.

Frontosa

unidentified cichlid

Female frontosa as i was told

peacock cichlid

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

this is a pic before i added my frontosa and i got rid of my tiger barbs and switched to cichlids. i just got frontosa a couple days ago from a buddy that i moving

my tank when i first set up being cycled

filtering system

close up

another cycling view

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome to the forum!, Tank looks nice and so do the Fronts, I'll let the others beat you up to get a bigger tank soon but it looks like they have a lot of room for now :D
As far as IDing your mystery fish, it looks like my Metriaclima callainos aka: "Cobalt Zebra". If you got it at Wal-mart there is a good chance it is not a pure bloodline....There is a place here to post for "Unidentified Cichlid Help". I am no expert and others here have literally DECADES more experiance at this than I.
Again, welcome.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like it. What sort of planting medium do you use in those pots? I see the gravel on top, do you have anything else in there like topsoil or eco-complete?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts