Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals hows it going... new member here and i wanted to show you guys my new tank and fish.. i had a lil 10gal going for my kid had a baby jewel and yellow lab and another cichlid that im unsure of.. any way i was jelous and went and bought a 110gal for the living room haha.. in the tank there is... ( all fish 1-2" in length)

1 redtail shark
1 monster crawdad ( i think he is gonna be comming out)
2 electric blues that i think have paired up
1 black ghost knife
2 clown loaches
1 eel
1 jack dempsey
and 4 silver dollars..

soo far they all like each other just gotta keep my eye on the crawdad..

im workin on some good pictures... these guys are fast...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice tank. What is the footprint on the tank?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice . I have not seen these tank demensions. Would be an awesome tank for discus or rams. Good luck see you around. :fish:

·
Registered
509 Posts
That's totally my story. Bought my son a 20g setup for Christmas. I had a tank from CL on the 26th :D

Nice tank!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha good to know im not the only one haha... i find my self sitting and watchin the tank more then the tv haha...but thats proly a good thing....

o ya i dont know if any of you have any invertibrets that change shells? im a glass blower, i make a lot of different things..and was wondering if i made some some small shells would they use them? also was thinking of making some decorations that you can hook a air hose to to get some fancy bubble action....

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fish fever. I had two tens and now I have 12 up and running. Would have more but have no more room. :D

Oh and went to basic cable since I was doing nothing but looking at tanks.-$60 a month! :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey welcome to the forum

from my personal experience, get rid of the crayfish. they can be aggressive and will grab a fish if it has the opportunity.

I had a few blue crayfish a few years back they multiply like crazy Hundreds at a time, and you don't even need a male females can hold sperm in them. I still keep finding the suckers in my tank in the filters. there like cockroaches. the only thing that I would think is beneficial is the fish love to eat the tiny babies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks...ya *** been trying to catch him... lol hes a fast tricky lil guy..

i have 2 big wooden boxes on pallets that are full of cobblestone rocks that are pre cut on the bottoms at a 90* and ones that are flat on the bottom... all different sized cobble stone.. the tops are all rounded.. are these safe to put in the tank? im guessing they need to be soaked or something b4 they go in...

i really want to put in one of those 3d backgrounds now that *** seen them lol..but i dont know if thats possible if the tank already running? i have endles amounts of foam to play with so i was thinking if giving it a few trys...but if i have to completly drain the tank to put one in then idk....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah unfortunately at 4 feet you have to drain it. I read an article on doing it in tens without draining somewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i was thinking id be able to do a lil one..maybe not a fully covered 3d background but 2 or 3 small sections that i can cover the heater and filter intake and powerhead.. like maybe just the back corners and accross the top of the tank.. with a black painted glass soo it looks like the interence to a cave or something... ill have to play around with it i guess... gonna have my pops bring me some foam from his work...they got tons of it litterly

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when doing 25% water changes daily to bring down ammonia levels.. am i spose to suck the gravel every time or just suck out the water.. and only suck on the gravel when doing main water changes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts