1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't she "perty?"
Please confirm for me that this is a male :p
Thanks

And the feeders she doesn't care about...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
:eek: Wow :drooling: OMG I WANT THAT! I can't help you with the sexing. That fish is gorgeous. I just talked my husband into a Flowerhorn how can I talk him into a Texas? I doubt I could find one that nice around here. Sweet very sweet fish :eek:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I named him Deuce or Double D and he seems to be lover, not a fighter. The guy who gave it to the LFS said his oscar started picking on him and since I have seen him, I can see why. Very laid back fish.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
wow he is beautiful. I home my juvie grows up that pretty

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Dang, man...you keep racking up these stunning fish like that and there'll be no decent ones left for me in the entire Omaha area! Guess I had better hurry up and move into a bigger place so I can get some of these guys before they all end up in your tanks. :p :wink:

Gorgeous fish!
BV

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He he, I think I finally found what I am gonna keep long term so I am happy and hopefully they are too. He is starting to dig so thats good news that he is becoming more comfortable. :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Beautiful fish Nathan!! :thumb: I love texas cichlids....very cool fish. :) Looks like a male to me too.
They can be quite aggressive during feeding! My own tends to splash water all over the floor, tank, whatever, during feeding time. Even if I just dump the food in as fast as I can and close the lid...I have had to cover my power strip because I'm afraid water will splash down on it :roll:

He really is gorgeous, you got a nice one!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
:eek: WOW :eek: That is one fish to be proud of! If that one was mine I would carry around pics of it in my wallet :lol:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, he appreciates all comments :p
I found out that he is indead NOT a lover, infact he is definately a fighter that has a common enemy with the algae eater, my 6" female red devil. At first they checked each other out a bit and then my red devil began terrorizing him for a good 5 minutes so I split them up. I was convinced I had the most docile male texas. Anyway, after staring at each other through the divider for a couple days I decided to try it again and complete role reversal occured. Though it doesn't seem to me that the texas is trying to conflict damage, but the RD seems deafly afraid of him. So after about 10 minutes of payback, I decided to isolate them again. I am counting the days until I get them their 125Gallon paradise all to themselves. And Sucka the algae eater. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts