Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received my new fish from Daves. Tropheops chilumba which Dave did a perfect job trying to give me 1 nice male and by the looks of things 6 females. Females are beautiful, very nice yellow. They are beautiful, I wanted these for along time. I also got 1m 3f polits, a trio of the beautiful Metriaclima sp zebra chilumba luwino reef. All eat the fist day and all came in great shape. I think I am done as far as species go, I will still add some females for the cobue and chewere. I have 1 lone demasoni but I would like to pick up some more but I dont know about this 15 plus stuff. Well I do have a 55g with just a pleco at the moment so I might move the demasonis there but we will see. I have a vid of the tank with the new fish, let me know what you guys think. Vid is from my phone so not the greatest
View My Video

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey outcast if you get a chance please post some photos please. Also how big are they? Seen there are a couple variations on the species profile page but none of the photos will load so would like to see what yours look like.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post some pics soon but check my vid on my post to get an idea. The zebra is about 3to4 inches all from mouth to tail. The biggest tropheops is around 2inches. They are the chilumba tybe or red top tropheops.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The females are yellow and in the vid I posted there is a small sighting of the male in the rocks on the right side. I am sooo glad I got these guys.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very nice!!! :thumb: Sorry didnt even see the little link for the video down there. Wish my labs looked as nice as yours. Alot of mine have very faint black markings on them as I didnt know this was something you had to look for in juvies. Anyways beautiful fish and tank.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Benj, but those arent labs. Those little yellow fish are the Tropheops chilumbas when juvi. All start out yellow but only the females stay like that and the males have multiple colors.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: WOW.... Sorry I was watching the link in rgr's signature of his 180. Must be one of them days!!! Sorry. I do like your tank as well. Really dig the bright white sand. Do you ever have any issues with aggression between your Dem's and what looks to be Jalo Reefs? I am also looking a group of them but have Dems and was worried since they are both blue vertical barred species that it might be an issue.

Once again sorry for the screw up. Typical Monday :oops:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I only have 1 dem at the moment and the afras that I have are juv cobue. They dont hasel one another at all. I plan on getting some more dems but not as many as recomended. I just have to watch things. I know what you mean about them Mondays,lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts