Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some nice ones from MalawiMix today (thanks!)...I had only planned on getting the Red tops today, but he offered me some of the Pundamilias too and I couldn't refuse :)
And yes, I realize the Pundamilias are Victorian but I didn't exactly have a perfect biotope to begin with, with the loaches and all ;)

I will post pics soon.

Also, how often (and how much) should my WCs be if I'm trying to grow out the Red Tops and Pundamilia?

Thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics
Male P. Williamsi, he is not "new" but I can't help take photos, big and beautiful!

P. Williamsi in their favorite new hideaway, what I call the "Fishy File Folders". Don't worry the white specks are sand not ich :)

Male Pundamilia sp. Crimson Tide

Pundamilia harem

Female (?) Metriaclima sp. "Red Top Gallireya". Can't seem to get a decent shot yet of the male, pretty reclusive.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Great looking fish! A very unique collection. I love it! =D>

The site below is not fool proof but it provides a good guide for determining appropriate water change levels/frequency:

http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AqVo ... hUnit=inch

If you can't find your fish in the list just choose ones that are similar in size.

The key is to monitor your nitrates and keep them as low as you can manage (20 ppm being the maximum before a WC). The link above will give you a good baseline to start from.

HTH

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zimmy
Thank you very much :)
I'm always going for more unusual and unique so that is a great compliment!
Thanks for the AqAdvisor suggestion, I'm actually already an avid user :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts