Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heey Everyone

Decided That I'm Going To Set Up A Fish House For The Summer :fish: :D
Mate Of Mines Is Said He'll Do A Good Deal On A Shed For Mee, So That One Things Not To Bother About! Sparky No Probs, That What Best Mates Are For, Told Them Thier Apprenticeships Would Come In Handy Lol :lol:

But.. Once Everything Is In, I'm Stuck! How To Set It All Up! :-?

Was Thinking Of Having A Row Of 18" Cubes Then..... Ekkk Dont Have A Clue! Haha
Well There Have To Be Somewhere For My Three Foot Tanks. Maybe Theses Could Go Overneath The Cubes Or On The Other Side Of The Shed.

Any Ideas Or Pictures Would Be Fab :thumb:

Thanks
Baz

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
sounds like a cool project. What about after summer?

I would have multiple tanks on one sump. On the floor a row of sumps each plumed to 4 tanks or so. Just a starter idea. Please post pics when the project gets started :popcorn:

·
Registered
223 Posts
First things first, You Don't Have To Capitalize Every Word. :)

Secondly, your fish shed sounds awesome!

I would recommend putting the 3 foot tanks higher, say at chest level, and putting the smaller 18" cubes underneath them as hospital/fry/quarantine tanks. If you build a shed that's 8' x 10' or so, you can easily have enough room for a good amount of tanks in there. Since you live in Scotland, I'd recommend finding a way to heat the shed. With a lot of tanks, it can be cheaper to keep the room at the right temperature than it is to heat/cool the tanks with individual heaters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.