Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some new bulbs on my community tank, thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Absolutely beautiful - love how the 300 actually is a community instead of a war zone :lol:

Gorgeous black belt and RD btw :)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi LowCel,

The tank looks great. The piece of driftwood on the right side of the tank (upside-down "U") is cool.

Your barred Midas cichlids (I think that is what I saw) are huge. Do you know how big they are?

I bet fending off all those cichlids during water changes is a challenge.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chubbs the Jellybean said:
Absolutely beautiful - love how the 300 actually is a community instead of a war zone :lol:

Gorgeous black belt and RD btw :)
Thanks, I appreciate it. It really is a relatively peaceful tank. There is a little flairing and some chasing but no major fights.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mlancaster said:
Hi LowCel,

The tank looks great. The piece of driftwood on the right side of the tank (upside-down "U") is cool.

Your barred Midas cichlids (I think that is what I saw) are huge. Do you know how big they are?

I bet fending off all those cichlids during water changes is a challenge.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks. The driftwood on the right is actually three seperate pieces stacked together. When I purchased them they were supposed to be "extra large". Apparently the seller and me have different ideas of extra large. :D

One of the large fish is a barred midas, the other is an amarillo. Both of those and the black belt are over a foot but I don't know exactly how big they are. Suprisingly none of them bother me during a water change unless they are guarding fry though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clgkag said:
Looks great Bruce. Those amps are huge.
Thank you. They are definitely getting big. What's bad is that they just keep growing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reiner said:
the Black Belt is a brute
He certainly is, he pretty much rules the left hand side of the tank. Luckily he doesn't damage anyone establishing his dominance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
clgkag said:
Do you still have your dovii in the 210?
Yes sir, there is a short portion of the first video that shows them in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts