Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what are the two new zaire that currently founded? I know one is tembwe and the other is? Does anyone have pictures? Just wanted to get a gimpse of it.

thanks

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Here is all the Zaires that that I am aware of...

The big three/most popluar in colored text
Kapampa (the original Zaire :wink: )
Kitumba
Moba (Collected at M'Toto)
Mikula
Kalumba (Collected at Lupota?)
Tembwe
Moliro

Hope that helps.

Russ

·
Registered
619 Posts
yes, it sure is. I have not seen alot of people keeping mikula, could they be one of the ones your referring to ? I thought they had been around a long time ago and then went out of favor and are coming back, but dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mikula are new.
only 1 person in USA has them.
Kalumba where the new ones about 2 years ago.

The other 5 tembwe, moliro, kitumba, moba and kapampa have been around for awhile now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TNT Cichlids said:
that picture is my male, he gave me 20+ fry. this month.

Tyrone
The pic of the tembwe gave you 20 plus fries? Wow...thats good! You have any picture of the fries?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Furcifer158 said:
Mikula are new.
only 1 person in USA has them.
Can't be true I know of a Guy here in CO that has a group of them. Unless we are thinking of the same person :D
I know a guy in PA with them.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I have confirmation from an importer that they are getting in two Gibberosa varients from the Congo. One varient is "Mikula" and the other will be a pleasant suprise to most. These fish will arrive in the states in early July.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Staszek said:
Most already know that Kapampa's are coming in.
Steve, I hope you will forgive me for being a little playful :wink:

This is exciting news! Wild fish are coming in from the Congo again and from collection points that we haven't seen fish from in a long time. That is awesome :dancing: It will be nice to see more Mikula in the states and hopefully we can get some great looking F1 fry in the future as folks begin the breed them. It will be interesting to see how well this "new" and very beautiful varient does.

Steve, are you going to be getting some more Mikula from the upcoming import?

Russ

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
cable-man said:
mikula fry in portugal:

Congrats. Did you buy the fry from somebody or do you have a breeding colony of Mikula yourself. Either way, congrats :thumb:

Russ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts