Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my newest BG. Just starting. Want to cover my lift tubes.

Hoping to make that thing on the left look like a tree. Hope I can make it look better. Input always wanted.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some more work to the BG. Think it does look better.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please critique!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
looks good but when you start adding color if your even going to id make the trunk looks brown and add some highlights to the truck and to some of the rocks to give it a more 3d looks, other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I covered the BG in Drylok. I am going to color the tree and rocks a brown color. That is just the first coat. I like to cover with a darker color just to easily see the white of the styro. Will coat in black next. Thanx for the comments!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it is grey. I have Lowes tint it for me. The light/phone and multiple file transfers prolly distort the color.

Here is the BG with a coat of black.

hope that it looks black.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got some work done on my BG see what ya think?

Any critique would be appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the critiques. I kinda thought the same thing . Seems to be kinda uniform in color. Kinda late to change I siliconed it in yesterday. Well with my last few BG's the color will not matter much once the algae starts to grow. Thanks again

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is the final BG siliconed to the tank. With the UGF in place.

May have to do some modification to the tree trunk and the rock area surrounding the right side. I think the BG is to tall I need room for the UGF lift tubes to "dump" their water outside the BG and into the tank itself.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The right side will hold a lift tube,intake for a HOB filter, and a heater. The left will hold a lift tube only. I have a 75 gal : thinking of doing the same thing, but have "trunks" on both sides. Rocks in the middle. Or maybe have pylons like they are holding a dock or something. Maybe have "metal" banding or straps holding them together??? Oh well just a thought. Thanks in advance for the critiques.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts