·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty excited, I received the following today (all wild):
8 Enantiopus kilesa
6 Callochromis pleurospilus
4 Altolamprologus compressiceps Muzi gold head

I picked up a gently used 72 gallon bow front tank for the kilesa & pleurospilus. It's got a nice black stand and black silicone. I cleaned it up and painted the back black. I used four 20# bags of CaribSea Bahamas Oolite for the substrate. Hopefully it will be a sandsifter haven!

I am excited about the gold head Muzi too as I have been on a quest to add several more pieces to the two I already have. I have been very picky in that I wanted them from the same collection effort/group that mine came from. I would love to get the Muzi's breeding like the calvus have been.

Catch Ya Later,
Russ

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ohh man you're so lucky!

here in Australia we're not even allowed to import those fish at all!

Post some pictures of the fish!

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Those are some very nice fish. Let us know how the pleurospilus do. Starting with 12 in a 75, my luck wasn't so good. Mine proved to be far too aggressive for a 4ft tank, and I had to move the survivors to a 6ft tank.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I keep a pair of adult and a pair of young pleurospilus in a 3x18x18 and they're going great, just started breeding too, got 20 eggs but only 8 of them survived to being fry

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I will start taking pics next week once I get my lights.

One of the male Kilesa has started getting black fins underneath and he has started digging his pit and he is building the first of his sand castles (piles). The Enantiopus & Callichromis have absolutely NO fear of me (not even with my hand in the tank). That is so unlike most tangs. I think I am going to like these guys!

Russ

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shellies215 said:
looking forward to seeing those muzi pics.
The smaller male Muzi has very dark barring :)

I have the four of them in a 55 and after a month, I will introduce my existing two Muzi to them so that the colony will be six.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
giddetm said:
How about those pics?
Here is a few :)

Callochromis pleurospilus (Raspberry Ikola)
Very difficult fish to photograph with my point & hope camera (they never stop moving and they are fast)

Enantiopus kilesa

Altolamprologus compressiceps (Muzi gold head)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
giddetm said:
Those are very nice,did you get them local or online?
Thank you :)

I purchased them from the personal collection of a friend.

Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts