Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new Ocean View 100 gallon, and after unloading it when I got home I noticed that one of the corners, the silicone was razored sloppily, and they got very close to the center of the bead, on the side panel of glass. Should I go about getting it replaced, or will it be ok? The reason I got this new one, is because the last one leaked, and had lots of scratches, so I just decided to get a new one. I dont want in any way for it leak, Im pretty tired of all that mess. And I know there is a year warranty on them, but I'd rather take care of a problem now before I get it set up, then later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're good with silicone you can apply some to the corners yourself and wait for it to cure. if you want to check for leaks before the actual setup I suggest filling the tank to capacity with water at a good temp so it wont cause condensation on the glass and observe if for a couple hours to ensure there are no leaks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Brand new shouldn't have any issues...take a pic of the spot and see what the manufacturer says. You're paying for new, not a fix it yourself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason I thought that they razored the edge to make it straight. But I know that they tape it. It is good at the bottom, but about half way up it gets really thin, less then 1/4 inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts