Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check this out guys - I am going to buy a tank off of craiglist. The lady is unsure about how big and I cannot figure it out either because it has a bow front.

The dimensions are 75" long with the bow front, flat back.

24" tall and 17" deep on the sides - anyone know how many gallons this thing is? She is thinking 175.

Also, it comes with a Proclear Aquatic System Model 200 filter with 900 gph - is this going to be enough for this tank? It will have 2 adult Oscars, 2 dempseys, a green terror, texas cichilid and a midas.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand the risks of putting these fish together - I am inquiring whether filtration level will be enough. I have a 55 gallon tank that I will utilize to remove any fish from the big tank that do not get along with each other.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I didn't do any calculations with the dimensions. but if you assume that the 175 is correct you will be turning the tank more than 4x per hour so I think it is adequate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks tannable - I also just gave away one of my O's to the pet store so It will help aleviate some of the messiness. I can always add a filter that sits on the tank as well if thats what it comes too.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts