I have just recently got 14 tropheus Ilangi at 2-5"-3.5" unsure of ratio m/f but all getting along well. I also got 5 Petrochromis at 4-5" that I was told were 2m 2f and 1 unsure? Now I have kept tropheus before for about 4 years and always did well with them. But this was a few years ago now and was wondering a few things and wanted to know peoples opinions?
1. I have a 6ft long 2 ft wide 1.5ft high tank is this ok or do you think I need more depth? Or what size tank should I get? Great for trophs, a little shaky (intetional pun) on the petros.
2. Are they ok to be kept together? The previous keeper was but I have no experience with petro's? I've never kept petros but from everything I've read, sounds like they are a lot like trophs, small numbers tend not to work.
3. What temp do people keep them at as I'm currently going by previous owner at 26c? Personally 80f.
4. Feeding? Previous owner gave me spirina flake, nls pellets. Feed what previous owner gave you, if you want to change foods do it gradually.
5. Best Lighting? Interested in any input and also what UK keepers are about?Bright, encourages algae growth.