Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all...

So i have a cycled 75g Tank ready to go, filter is a fluval 405, PFS as substrate, and 2 sponge filters running. Ph is 8.8

I have never kept Tangs before so bare with me..

I am interested in Black Calvas, and Gold Occies... do these species go together??

Can anyone help me with m:f ratio's....

I want this to work out so im open to all comments and suggestions, even to change species if required. And i want lots of breeding!!

thanks shaun

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
A. calvus and L. ocellatus will be fine together in a 75 gallon.

My recommendation would be to add in another fish, either Cyprichromis, or even some Australian Rainbow fish to make these fish more comfortable.

In a 75 gallon, you are probably best with only one male ocellatus, and one male calvus. Both species can be kept in harems, so the more females, the more breeding. I would purchase 6-8 juveniles of each, and just keep whatever male you like best, and move the extras on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any specific type of Cyprichromis?
ok so say i purchase 6 A. calvas, 6 Cyps, 6 L.occelatus or the Rainbows, can i add all these guys at once??

*** never heard of these Australian Rainbow fish i better do some research as i am from Australia haha.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Cyps do better in groups from what everyone says so id say bump it up to 10-12cyps

Basically what's in my tank but I have multis for my shellies

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Agreed on the number of Cyprichromis, they are schooling fish, so the more the better.

Go for the non-jumbo types, blue flash, utinta are the most common in most places.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts