Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a new 75 gallon tank. I plan this tank to be warm water (80F+) SA theme tank. I want to house 2 or 3 pairs of Blue rams, a school of rummynose tetras, maybe a group of sterbai corys. It will be lightly stocked.

I have 2 eheim 2213s on hand and was wondering if this will be enough filtration and flow for a 75 gal?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yes, I would say 2 would be fine.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Two 2213 should do fine. I use a single 2217 on a 75. The real answer will depend on you and your habits, though. If you stock light, feed light and clean often, you need different than somebody who does it the other way. We can all make equipment work well or we can make it not be enough just by the way we deal with a tank. Striking the correct balance for the way you want to do things is where the answer lies. Your plan sounds fine to me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you are making it planted i would definitely add a power head to that tank. the two 2213 will be fine for mechanical and biological filtration but i like extra flow to keep the water not stagnant. (running a 2217 on a 37 gallon lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts