1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is my new 75 gallon setup.
I have (2) penguin bio-wheel 350's
*(2) 250w visi-therm heaters
*(2) maxi-jet pro 600 powerheads (using as circulation pumps)
*(1) 40 gallon air pump
*75 pounds pool filter sand
*rocks from fields (from Minnestoa)
*lighting not really sure(bought tank and stand and lights used)

I just got it setup yesterday. Waited to start my fishless cycle today after the water finally heated up. I used "Prime" as my dechlorinator. Used an old filter media from my 29 gallon tropical community. It was long past over do for a change but I held off because I wanted to use it to help cycle my cichlid tank. I also used "Microbe-lift special blend" as a bacteria aid. I am thinking of taking some subscrate from my community tank and putting it in a new sock and placing it in my filters as well. ( good or bad idea using a sock).

I am thinking of stocking a ratio of 1m/5f of as follows:
*Afra Cobue
*Cobalt Blue Zebra
*(Lions Cove)
Electric Yellow
*Maingano

What do you guys think. Any suggestions of any sort. Feed back would be much accepted as well. This is my first cichlid tank and want any advise or suggestions I can get. Thanks You All

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I guess I dont get how to upload the image of my fish tank
Could anyone help me out with that as well so you can judge my tank LOL[/img]

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
If you have used filter media there should be no cycle and you should add fish immediately. Sounds like a nice mix, but I would do 1m:4f on all but the Maingano. For them I would do 1m:7f.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Can't link to pictures inside your GMAIL account.
find a place to host them first, then link them.

You won't need 2 250W heaters, 1 will suffice.

I like the fish choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.