Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, im new here. Figured this would be a good time to show off my new 75 gallon setup so far. Thanks for looking any comments are welcomed. Sand and fishless cycle is tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just a thought: That setup will be a massive PIA to have to take apart to retrieve a dead fish or something at the bottom in one of the little caves they will create. I have learned to go a little simpler on the rock formation, maybe 3 separate "towers" so you may only have to take apart one at a time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right for sure ironspider. Thanks for your input probably gonna let the tank sit how it is. Would kept it a little simpler but its gonna be in my living room hoping in the future to change the stones for better maneuverability. The stones you see i got for free from my neighbors leftover landscaping.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
While I agree with ironspider about problems netting a dead fish and even more important is netting a sick fish...separate stacks are good. The first arrangement was better for mbuna...second stack does not go high enough.

I also like to avoid touching the glass with the stones...main problem is scraping algae off the glass where the stones touch. Secondary problem is stones can scratch the glass.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
More rock for mbuna...lots of small 2" caves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts