Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just got my 55 gallon tank back! Yay. I cannot set it up untill I move out. Booo. I've had peacocks, fruntosa, and mostly african cichlids. I just set up a ten gallon and need to feed my hunger. I want to get some rams or appisto but don't want to be cruel to put in a small tank. Or is it not cruel? I could always throw some galaxy tetras in but don't really know what to do. Any seggustions for this small set up? All opinions welcome.

Thanks doods

·
Registered
625 Posts
Do you like shellies? That wouldn't be cruel. I'm not sure on the tank requirements for rams or apistos.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just depends on the water column they stay at. Most neon tetras I've had stay on the bottom = bad idea. But ones that stay higher, and out of his territory would work I think.

You have to consider that they require different water parameters but most LFS fish are fine in regular 7.0 water.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No problem, man, best of luck to you. Be sure to post some pics when it's all set up. :thumb:

·
Registered
705 Posts
tetras r smart dude. they wont come down after a cpl nips at em. just dont go overboard with populations. cheap sand and escargot shells work great (most niche' grocery stores carry them)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I went with pebles cause im running a little too powerfull filter on it didn't want it to kick up sand. Yeah definatly will need some shells. Any small live plants or is the tank too small?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a 2.5 gallon that I put babies in when my shell dwellers breed, and I have some java moss in there thats doing quite well. It doesn't require much light, or any special care.

·
Registered
705 Posts
gotta use a larger grain sand then. your not gonna see the behaviors with pebbles. dont mean to burst ur bubble or anything but these guys stay small. GL to ya bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts