Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
kind of new to this sight. I have three Neolampolugus brichardi and like to know if I have 3 males or 3 females or mix. Many peole have said that can spawn easily and that they are good parents. Can any one tells me what I have?
I thank every one in advance.
Gianni from New York. :-?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Just a pair is usually all you have left in a 48" tank before the babies appear just now and again females will tolerate each other and the male will breed with both or all three.
Never seen a 48" with more than one breeding male but then there is always the first time for anything. :)
BUT to get a pair and breeding going 6 fish 3 males and 3 females is the ideal start.
Hard but true.

Those that are really soft hearted will start with 8 or more (keep the first pair and) pass on six or more to the next guy who wants to form a pair.

Once the colony bred up from the breeders gets going all sorts of things can happen.
They can form a strong breeding tribe (babies and young helping out brood care and protection or adults staying as just a pair killing young that stay too long.) Bit of a lottery, best go with the flow of your own fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts