Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Yes. My tret hid except for feeding time and added nothing to the tank. I ended up removing him.

My experiment was all male, so the tret was alone. I would not have tried it with mixed genders in the trets as they have a rep for killing other fish in the tank when spawning. Even each other on occasion.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
Yes. My tret hid except for feeding time and added nothing to the tank. I ended up removing him.

My experiment was all male, so the tret was alone. I would not have tried it with mixed genders in the trets as they have a rep for killing other fish in the tank when spawning. Even each other on occasion.
Thanks for the feedback DJ. I don't do all male anymore because it's so difficult to achieve long term harmony and I love breeding behaviour. Having said that, I do keep some LONE male stragglers in my mixed tank and was maybe thinking of a line tret.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Would probably ignore and be ignored to some extent. Might be reclusive/ uncomfortable like DJ said. Might do okay, probably not thriving. Might be annoying territorial, claiming part of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts