Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. i was planning on getting some Neolamprologus Callipterus for my 20g Long and lamprologus hecqui for my 10g, seeing as i can't get a hold of multies fast enough but i cannot find a whole lot of information on them. i was just wondering if anyone has expirience with them. thanks. :D

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
In my opinion, both species are too large for the tanks you are trying to put them in. The 20g long for the hecqui and a 4ft tank for the callipterus.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
blcknwitecuban said:
oh. you have expirience with them?
I have experience with them, and I agree with Fogelhund, but you may be able to get away with a 3' for the callipterus and you might get away with a 20 long for the hequi but fish from the Lepidiolamprologus genus are quite aggressive and can be hard on one another.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
blcknwitecuban said:
oh. you have expirience with them?
Yes. You might keep a single male and a couple of females in a 3ft tank with the callipterus. However, one of the fascinating things about them is watching males steal the shells and females. You won't be able to do that in a 3ft tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i cant get the callipterus because the guy wants to sell his group of 8-10 and i have no room for all of them.

so im just gonna get multies for my 10g, and maybe some hecqui for the 20L hopefully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts