Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was about to feed them and noticed them acting strange, then realised their behaviour was very protective so I had a look round the tank and noticed the eggs on the rock :)

It was hard to get a good focus on the eggs

Footage: Hard to focus on the eggs Need a macro lense

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi Malawi_Marc,

Congratulations, very cool. I did not realize their eggs were so red in color.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have always been interested in this cichlid because they form large family schools and work together to raise new younger spawns; opposed to cons which clear out the last spawn to make way for a new spawn.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
705 Posts
ya they will. and you have a decent sized aquarium for them already. if they will spawn in there they can live in there. i wouldnt worry about them too much. just get rid of the fry sooner as opposed to later due to the fact that in a small tank parents may end up killing them. its a risk but either way females will be accepted into the colony.. congrats on eggs. *** got my brichardi spawning in a 25 tall atm.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anthraxx8500 said:
ya they will. and you have a decent sized aquarium for them already. if they will spawn in there they can live in there. i wouldnt worry about them too much. just get rid of the fry sooner as opposed to later due to the fact that in a small tank parents may end up killing them. its a risk but either way females will be accepted into the colony.. congrats on eggs. I've got my brichardi spawning in a 25 tall atm.
Thanks for your input, I have some spare tanks that I'll use for the fry.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi Malawi_Marc,

Great images, thank you for sharing. I especially like the one with them swimming parallel with the black back ground. Are you using a macro lens/ What type of lens are you using?

Do you plan to remove all the fry or leave some so a family school will start to build?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Matt, thanks for the feedback.

I plan on removing some fry to another tank and keepingsomee with the parents just like you mentioned.
Camera I'm using is a Nikon D40 standard 18-35mm lens.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts