Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed this fish in our main tank this morning. The water tests fine, all levels are ideal. He has been isolated in our hospital tank and treated with copper safe and quick cure. We also dosed our big tank. Please help with any info you can, thank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Not sure what I'm looking at in this picture but the only thing I think I see is perhaps a bulge in his mid section. Is that it?
When was the last time you saw this fish eating and swimming normally? Was it less than 24 hours from the time you noticed his present condition or longer? Is the fish still eating?

I know you felt the need to do something right away but I'm not sure the meds you've used are what's necessary here.
Please post back with some additional information--water parameters, how long the tank has been set up, how long you've had this particular fish, feeding schedule, other species in the tank, etc--anything that would help us get a better picture of not just what's going on now but what led up to the fish's present condition.

In the meantime: I would do a partial water change on his tank and add Epsom salt at the rate of 1 tablespoon per five gallons. Dissolve it first and add it gradually over 6-8 hours time. If the fish is still eating hold off on food for at least the next 24 hours.

Robin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts