Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have to remove one of the males from my colony of 14 (3 males/11 females) from my 90 gal. Two of the males have established territories and cohabiting very nicely. However, one male has been outcast and is starting to show some wear and tear on his fins and scales. It is approx. 3". My tropheus are fed NLS cichlid pellet and a spiralina flake.
The only tank I can put the male in is a tank I am housing juvenile blue dolphins (1") and juvenile male peacocks (1-2"). Trying to come up with a feeding regime to satisfy both the tropheus and the other fish. Could I go with NLS cichlid pellet and NLS FLAKE? or NLS pellet and a spiralina flake.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Unrelated to any questions you posted, why so few males in a 90-gallon? 6 males / 12 females , or 7 males / 14 females would work nice in your 90. What is a possibility is if you ever get a bloat outbreak you could potentially lose 1 or both remaining males (after you eliminate #3 as per your original post). I like have multiple males as in my experience, they take some stress of the females by keeping each other occupied.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a few more males in my moliro colony and have debated taking a few out. (I have to put one in a basket every couple months to let them heal up after taking a beating by the rest of the crowd. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.