Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 125 gallon with 6 males: 1 Scianochromis Fryeri, 1 Cyrtocara Moorii, 1 Aulonocara Baenschi, 1 German Red peacock, 1 Protomelas Spilonotus Tanzania, and a Dragonblood peacock. The dragonblood is very aggressive, and he chases the other fish relentlessly around the tank. I have tried strategies like isolating him in a quarantine tank, and rearranging rocks, but the situation always ends up in the same place eventually.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to rehome him, but I'm not sure how to actually do that. I'm not willing to just drive to petsmart or petco and give him away, because it is most likely he would be sold to someone unexperienced, and die in bad water conditions. I don't know anyone else who keeps that kind of fish, and there just isn't a good LFS in my area.

Does anyone know a way I could give him away and know he would have a good home? If anyone on this forum lives in New Jersey, and wants him, please contact me. I attached a picture of him.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
You can put a for sale FREE ad in the Cichlid-forum Classified Ads.

There are lots of fishkeepers in NJ...and a fair number of LFS. If you want to give your location, we might be able to recommend solutions.

I don't believe Petco or PetSmart will take him. Remember a future owner may have the same experience as you.

You will manage aggression in your tank better with more fish. I like 18 males that mature <= six inches in a 72" tank.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You only have 6 fish. Maybe try moving him to a holding tank, add a few more fish, then re introduce him after the new guys settle in. With so few fish someone else could easily turn just as aggressive if he is removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts