Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one of my 46 gallon Bowfronts snap the plastic center cross support. the support gave out (Lord Knows why?) at the joint at the front of the tank... Anyway there isn't an obvious place to either reconnect or create some kind of brace to get her back into shape so I'm wondering if there is a procedure for this or if anyone here has dealt with this successfully.

TIA :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I fixed a couple of these by draining the tank down about half way until the brace meets back up with the trim piece and applying Weld-On. It is a plastic solvent that melts or welds the plastic back together. Had to order it from online as no local store carries it. Waited about 3 hrs and refilled tank, good as new.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah with out weld on you need to either build a canopy that is super tight and will hold the weight... you could get a new rim on line (i forget where but Google is your friend here) or hit up petco right now and get a new tank for $1 a gallon....

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow it worked! I did add some plexiglass for extra support but that weld on (I used "JB Qwik Weld" since it was available and it was the same comparatively.

Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check that. I won't take it back but the bond failed. I'm pretty discouraged but I'm gonna try to fabricate something. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.