Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my lighting but I do not want to spend $150 on a new fixture. I have a 46 bow front with a glass canopy and one 36" aqua glow bulb but it is not putting out enough light for me. When I first set up my peacock tank I only had a few lace rock in it and it looked great. Now I have become addicted to lace rock and have since added more to the tank (probably too much, but I can not help myself) and now the tank looks dark. I have heard about the T-5 lighting but the fixtures are what are expensive. Petsmart sells the 36" fixture for $150.00. I do not think my husband will let me spend that much on a light fixture just so I can have a "prettier tank". Anyone have any suggestions? Below are some pics of my tank before and after adding more rock:

Before

After

·
Registered
222 Posts
what kind of hood do you have? i gutted my perfecto light strip and installed 3 screw in compact flourecent bulbs into a 30" hood. doesnt cost alot, only cost was a 4 pack of bulbs and 3 screw in adapters from home depot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.