Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Came across this guy at my LFS, which had him titles as a fenestrata chichld i think(I am not sure now).... Anys ideas what he is?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
It's difficult to say from those pictures, as they're at an odd angle. Could you try to get one or two profile shots (of the fish from the side)?

At the moment, I'd say likely a Midas/RD, but better pics would help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get some profile pics tonight...I don't think its a red devil but I could be wrong(atleast I hope its not a red devil, I like the fish but don't have the tank space for one)The lfs had red devils there but they were of the same size but orange...it is only about 2-3 inchs in size

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also guy at the my lfs said he is 99% sure this fish would only hit around 8 in or so(though I always question the information provided by most people at any lfs, this guys has usually been pretty good with info)...if that information helps at all.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It does look like a red devil/rd to me, but as everyone else said better pictures would really help. RDs are not always orange.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
westwood8183 said:
It does look like a red devil/rd to me, but as everyone else said better pictures would really help. RDs are not always orange.
yeah I know...I am just hoping for the best, LOL, I only have a 65 gallon, and I am not sure if that is big enough for one of these guys...I will try and get better pics though

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from everything I know i think its a pink Paratheraps fenestratus(from looking at pictures) and what not) any opinions?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Well if that is what it was sold as it very well could be from those pics...the forehead does not look quite right to me for a RD/Midas, but I really have very little experience with fenestratus.

Found these browsing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
devil for sure, mine was pink like that too, feed him good food and let him acclimate himself to his new home and i would put my life on it that you will start seeing some orange coloration soon!

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
westwood8183 said:
Well if that is what it was sold as it very well could be from those pics...the forehead does not look quite right to me for a RD/Midas, but I really have very little experience with fenestratus.
I pretty much have to second what westwood has said...forehead does not look quite right for RD/Midas to me, but I also don't have any experience with pink fenestratus.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know a decent amount about rd/Midas but I know little about pink fenestratus...What size do they reach? Min tank size? and what not....rd/Midas i would like to get one but until i get my bigger tank are out of the question....

·
Registered
121 Posts
the illustrations you used of the pink fenestratus, I've stopped by his place and he gave me some of his fry. his username is JWhipple. you can send him a PM if you like I'm sure he'd have a good answer for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts