Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has these 4 african cichlids, all pretty much juveniles. Any help with ID's will be appreciated.

Sorry for the bad pictures. The final photo below is one of my central american cichlids. I believe it to be herichthys cyanoguttatus and not herichthys carpintis. Just looking for a confirmation on that one. I think the carpintis has more of a worm pattern than the little dots ???

Thank You!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know the rifts but the bottom one is cyanoguttatus. The spots are a lot smaller than carpintis, and more goldy-yellowy rather than green. And carpintis usually has some vermiculations on the face.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply on my cyanoguttatus. I dont know much about the african cichlids as well. I'm having a heck of a time ID'ing them. LOL There are too many.

Thank You

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Malawi cichlids
1. Red Top Zebra Mbuna, may be hybrid... seems like a male without color, barring is weird looking
2. cross genera hybrid called "OB Peacock"
3. dark, but appears to be a Protomelas "Taiwan Reef"... may have been hormoned for temporary color
4. looks like a mass market "Red Peacock", these are not natural occurring fish and may be a hybrid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts