Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this, what I am leaning to is an Electric Blue Acara morph or something, from a local Petco who sold this fish to me as a $3.99 "Creamsicle Molly"...smh. Obviously it's not a Molly but, was wondering is anyone may have any idea of what type cichlid this May be. I am leaning very heavy on an Acara by looking at general body appearance. Petco had this in a tank with guppies. They did have a separate tank a few racks over with a few Electric Blue Acaras. This fish was approximately 3" in length when purchased. I have been googling till the google falls off trying to figure out what this fish is. Any help is super appreciated!! Thanks so much

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm stumped as well. Never seen a variation this off from typical coloration. I only assume EBA because, they had some of similar size and looked like there was a recent restock. I'm sure they didn't even know what it was obviously with the "Molly" label. Thanks for taking time to look and help. I appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
It sort of looks like an Electric Blue Acara that had some problems in the Hybrid Factory. I'm not sure what it is. And, this fish may be the result of yet another new genetic attempt, with another species in the Andinoacara genus, that didn't turn out very well.
But, it might make for a pretty neat Cichlid to keep in the aquarium. And no.... I would NOT let it spawn with anything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I am thinking as well. Definitely not breeding this fish. Just never seen this variation and when they told me it was a $4 Molly I couldn't resist. Thanks so much for the time. Truly appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts