Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!

I was hoping for some help on Ich.
My husband and I just transferred fish from our 75 gallon to our 150 gallon last Wednesday. We noticed last night that we have 3 fish with Ich. One of the fish looks worse this afternoon after we upped the temperature and added salt; however, we're new to this.

I picked up Rid-Ich today b/c they were out of Ich Attack, but I'm scared it will dye the silicon. Has anyone used it before? Does it stain bad?

Also, if you use the salt and temp method...can someone explain the best method with descriptive steps?

**Wish I could tell you I had a Quarantine tank, but we're redoing our 75 gallon before setting it up as our hospital :(

Thanks for any and all help!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Depending on what types of creatures you keep in you tank you can use a copper based treatment. You won't want to use this if you have invertebrates, plants and some species of fish will not tolerate it. I have used copper for years and have always had success.
Note that a lot of people won't use it in freshwater, but I do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't waste your money on copper based meds, bump the temp in the tank up to 85 for two weeks, this will kill all the ich parasites.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the advice. We have successfully gotten rid of the "white spots," but we are continuing to treat for the next couple of days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.