Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a blood parrot that I have owned for about 10 years. I recently transferred her to a new 30g tank and she immediately became diseased. She has no tank mates and I cycled the tank for two weeks prior to moving her in. Please check out the pictures and give me suggestions on what I am dealing with here!!

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157 (1).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It looks to me like it has ich and many times columnaris presents itself as a secondary infection. It's quite advanced and I would suggest using a medicine like Clout since most other conventional meds would probably not do much good at this point. You need to raise the temp to around 82-85F to speed up the ich life cycle and increase surface aeration since the medication and temp will decrease oxygenation of the water. Make sure that you continue to treat even after symptoms are gone for a two week term using Clout. If it doesn't respond to treatment then euthanasia is an alternative. Clove oil or lidocaine can be used quite effectively for that purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.