Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been having a hard time taking photos of my fish, whenever I try it comes out horrible. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L4, any tips would be great.
Thanks
:fish:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Lots of light. Like, tons. Keep your ISO as low as you can, keep your aperture as small (f/16+), and make sure your shutter is at least 1/50 sec or use a tripod. Take lots and lots of photos :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will try that. :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think my camera will allow me to change aperture or ISO. I don't know much about any of this but it does not mention how to alter either of tose things in the manual. I use a Nikon Coolpix L4 it is a little bit older for a digital but it works fine help please :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know :-? but i think it has to do with shutter speed

·
Registered
64 Posts
NYjets51 said:
whats ISO?
Ambadasdor Cox said:
I don't know :-? but i think it has to do with shutter speed
no.

ISO is a noise to light ratio. People familiar with film might know it as the ASA. Basically the higher the ISO the more light you let in, but also the more noise you let in.

I am looking up your camera so my tips can cater better to your needs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
First make sure image mode is on high.
Second put the camera in "macro" mode
Shooting mode is probably fine in auto.

Finally, your camera doesn't have the ability to change aperture or ISO manually so just hope for the best. You might also try sports mode. These settings will get you usable shots, but they won't be AMAZING. IMO you need to invest in a camera that can adjust iso, shutter, and aperture in order to take great shots. As far as the point and shoots go I believe some have these options. Oh and don't use the digital zoom. As far as suggestions for a new camera look at the Powershot SX100 IS.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank i'll see what happens and i might try to clear them up with my computer :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to post some new ones on the unidentified cichlid page and on the tanganyikan page but i can post some here as well

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am new at this so how do i post pictures?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i read how to on the guidlines but is there any way to do it without having to use another website

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you here they are :popcorn:

sorry about the algae :oops:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was bad before i used sport mode on the camera :D They were all more blurred than the last one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts