Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I got an 80gallon y'all Cichlid tank from a family friend that had to move and couldn't take it with him. I'm new to Cichlid and don't really know much about taking care of them. First off I can't identify one of them. As for the others I have two blood Parrot cichlids, and one electric yellow. Attached below is the one I can't identify. Second is any recommendations on what to feed them,if they like sand or gravel and what type of lights they like? So far the tank is set up the way he gave it to me with a HOB filter, heater and air stones. It also has large gravel.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you are referring to the big black and grey one, it looks like a Livingstonii; those get pretty large, how big is the tank?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank is 48"x 15"x 26". Yea he is starting to get pushy with my electric yellow cichlid. The parrot cichlid don't take **** from him. I also have two 12" tiger Oscars and a 1 1/2 foot pleco. I'm trying to rehome the pleco and Oscars now. The tank is way out of control with too many large aggressive fish. I'm trying to tone it down and get it going in the right direction. He never took care of the tank and it's just a mess

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I think you will want to rehome the venustus as well because they need a 72" tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea the livingstonii we'll be rehomed sometime next yea. I want to keep him around til I get another one. I rehomed the Oscars and pleco today so tomorrow I'll be getting rid of all that gravel and putting in sand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts