Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Due to lack of space, I am forced to consider combining fish from a 40g and 55g into a 125Gallon, unfortunately the 40G is my Malawi tank and the 55g is my Tanganyika tank. I was wondering if this was possible. Heres the list of fish I currently have.

Malawi:
1x 3" Nimbochromis venustus (Giraffe Hap)... I believe this one will turn out to be a female and so far is quite timid.
1x 4" Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow)... this one is an active swimmer, more of an open water fishy.
1x 3.5" Metriaclima greshakei... Being a mbuna, this one is a bit more aggressive and might prove problematic
Tanganyika:
20+ Assorted size Multies... feisty little suckers. They usually protect the area around their shells but don't stray too far. There are a few that hang out near rocks.
2x Julidochromis ornatus.. very shy.

Other:
1x 6" Bristlenose Pleco

With that assortment, I was hoping to put the rocks on one side of the 125g and the shells on the other and pray they leave each other alone, but if I can't figure out a way to have them coexist, I'm afraid I'd probably have to give up the Malawi to the LFS as a last resort. :(

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wouldn't do it. If you have NO other options, I'd think about a devider for the tank. Don't know how that'd work though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.